Fall Fun Festival brings together community

Megan Agresta, Staff Writer

On Thursday, October 13th Lander Elementary School had their annual Fall Fun Festival at Patterson’s Fruit Farm.

The Fall Fun Festival consisted of various activities such as hayrides, face painting, prize raffles, and snacks. Many Lander students attend the event every year, as well as many Mayfield High School students.

Through Interact Club, Mayfield’s premiere service club, many high school students can relive this event with volunteer opportunities. This year many high school students volunteered to dress up as “scarers” in the hayride and to help out with multiple activities. 

Junior Chloey DiBartolo has volunteered at the Family Fun Festival for the past three years, “I’ve volunteered at Lander’s hayride at Patterson’s for 3 years now and each year continues to bring more delight as it’s an awesome opportunity to make both the kids’ and my own night filled with excitement,” said DiBartolo.

A lot of high school students reminisce about their past experiences during the event. Junior Alexa Passafiume used to attend Lander Elementary and went to the Fall Fun Festival every year. “I would always look forward to going to the Fall Fun Festival as a kid, it was such a fun event,” said Passafiume.

DiBartolo agreed with Passafiume.  DiBartolo said, “Dressing up and scaring the elementary schoolers reminded me of when I went on haunted hayrides when I was younger. It was the same amount of fun, I was just in the opposite spot this time.”

Being able to volunteer at this event meant a lot not only to the high schoolers, but also the kids. “It was a great opportunity to spend time with friends from the high school and be a part of the younger kids’ fun experience,” said DiBartolo.

Passafiume also knew how much it meant to the kids. Passafiume said, “I remember when I was younger all of the kids would wait in line to go on the scary hayride. It’s really cool that I get to help make that happen for them and help them enjoy the night.”

Every year a lot of Interact Club members sign up to be apart of this event. For the future they hope that in the years to come that even more members will get involved too. 

Not only do they benefit from it, but the whole community does. DiBartolo said, “Volunteering at Patterson’s was a great way to help out in the community and have fun all in one night.”