Mayfield football players sign collegiate letters

Mr. Leffler congratulates Isabella and Hunter. Photo by Emily Pietrantone.

JOE DENARDO, Staff Writer

After a spectacular 2014 season for the Mayfield Wildcat football team, two players have signed officially to play football at the collegiate level. On February 2, 2015, National Signing Day, students gathered to watch as seniors Brian Hunter and Andy Isabella signed their letters of intent.

Hunter signed a full scholarship to Ohio Dominican University to play defensive end. After a season of 172 total tackles, Hunter promised to bring “the motor” to the Panthers. “I’ll definitely bring speed,” he said, “[Ohio Dominican] knows they’re getting a motor that doesn’t know half speed, and will work as hard as possible.”

Isabella signed a full scholarship to the University of Massachusetts to play running back. Isabella was named NOC River Division Offensive Player of the Year after scoring 27 touchdowns and running 2,000 all-purpose yards during the 2014 season. “I hope to bring speed to my team in my freshman year,” he said as he signed his letter of intent. The UMass Minutemen finished 4th overall in the Mid American Conference Eastern Division in 2014. Isabella has also set up an agreement to run indoor track at his time as UMass. With an incredible time of 6.72 seconds for the 60 meter dash, he is sure to find success in both his football and track careers.

On behalf of the entire student body of Mayfield High School, The Paw Print staff sends its best regards to both Hunter and Isabella for a successful college career.