Varsity girls soccer hope to repeat success

Julianne Kerver, Staff Writer

The varsity girls soccer team won districts last year and appear hungry for a back-to-back title.

The team is led by senior captains Lauren Hradesky, Meryl McLaughlin, and Krissy Blanchard. McLaughlin said, “I would love to beat our record from last year and make it to the regional finals.”

Sophomore midfielder Jenna Rock said of this year’s team, “We are coming together. We have most of our starters back from last year and some new additions to our team…almost all of us have played together before so we really connect with each other on the field.”

After winning their first game of the season, Hradesky said, “I think we’ll be able to do really good things this year.”

Tyler Klika is a sophomore center and midfielder. She said, “For this season I’m pumped and ready to roll because we should be good and ready for all the tough games.”

The teams believes they click on and off the field, as they’re proud of their team chemistry. Junior defender Paige Muttilo plays on JV and senses that synergy. She said, “We shift as a unit and I see a lot of wins in our future.”

Klika also believes the team can play well if they have the support of the school. She encourages her classmates to attend their games and talk about the team this fall.

Rock said, “Our goal as a team this year is to no doubt win back-to-back district championships. I hope we can advance farther than last year.”