Cats Cabinet excited about new adviser

Sophomore+Gabbie+Vogg+hangs+some+of+the+hundreds+of+posters+that+Cats+Cabinet+worked+really+hard+on.+The+students+in+other+sports+teams+and+clubs+seem+to+appreciate+them+very+much.+

Ally Drop

Sophomore Gabbie Vogg hangs some of the hundreds of posters that Cats Cabinet worked really hard on. The students in other sports teams and clubs seem to appreciate them very much.

Allison Drop, Featured Guest Contributor

Christine Czikray is new this year as adviser of Cats Cabinet. According to club members, they feel the attitude of the people in the club has been very positive this year.

Czikray said, “This year I hope to have Cats Cabinet support as many other groups as we possibly can. Athletic groups, the fine arts, band, and other clubs try and let everyone know that we know what you are doing, we support what you are doing, and we are really proud of you and what you are as a Wildcat.”

The Cats Cabinet members have been creating signs and posters and getting involved with anything that supports another team, group, or club. The signs let the other sports team or club member know that the club appreciates them.

Czikray, a graduate of Mayfield High School, wants to get the members more involved and excited to be a part of this club. Czikray said, “School spirit is a really essential part of high school and I thought that Cats Cabinet would be a perfect venue to bring out some Mayfield pride and spirit and make everyone feel involved and welcome.”

“We want to go along with what Mr. Legan has been trying to do: To have pride in your school and love coming to the building and not only enjoy your time learning, but being a part of the huge Mayfield family,” Czikray said.

The enthusiasm and excitement that Czikray brings seems to be bringing the students closer together.

“We want to get as many people to know that others in the school respect what they do,” Czikray said.

Sophomore Alexa Passafiume is excited about the new changes that are happening this year with Cats Cabinet. Passafiume said, “The purpose of Cats Cabinet is to let people know what we do around the school and spread school spirit.”

Czikray seems to be different in a good way this year according to Passafiume. She said, “I can tell that this year’s Cats Cabinet members are actually working together and becoming a group to spread spirit. Last year we didn’t really do as much so I think we are actually getting stuff done together as a club.”

According to sophomore club member Kelvina Ng, members and senior officers are doing a better job this year at working together than they did last year. She said, “If I were to change anything about last year I would try to get everyone to be more involved and talk to the members of the club more like this year’s members do.”

The new energy of more spirited and positive people involved with the club this year seem to be making an impact on all of the other members.

Ng said, “My favorite part about doing Cats Cabinet is being part of a club that supports the school, promotes school spirit, and decorates for events like winter formal which is really fun.”

Winter formal is what Cats Cabinet club members are known for decorating. They have big plans for this year’s dance and are hoping to make it better than ever.