Cats Cabinet gaining money from sales

The ladies of Cats Cabinet listen intently to Mrs. Czikray at a meeting as she talks about upcoming events and informs them of the sale.

Advanced Digital Media Productions Class of Mayfield

Allison Drop, Staff Writer

Cats Cabinet has spent a lot of time and money on decorating this year. They are trying to find ways to raise money to do big things in the school.

Christine Czikray, adviser of Cats Cabinet, gave information on the money they will receive from the sale. She said, “We use all of our fundraising to help pay for decorations for the dance (Winter Formal), and any supplies that we will need to continue decorating lockers and making signs.”

The halls of the high school are filled with posters on lockers of students who are in sports and band members this year.

The club has already done a successful bake sale in order to get some money but they want to do something different and sell drawstring bags and lanyards to the students.

“We plan on selling them on the two weeks before winter break and even possibly sending out flyers to the parents for stocking stuffers or gifts for the holidays and they will be sold during lunch periods. The lanyards and drawstring bags will already be here and are sadly not going to be available to order through us when they are gone.”

There is going to be a limited number of both the drawstring bags and lanyards for anyone who would like to buy them.

Erica Gambatese, senior and president of Cats Cabinet, explained how they got the idea behind the items to sell. She said, “The senior leaders looked through a catalog through and asked the football players and students what the best thing would be for us to sell. The catalog had the basic designs and we also asked students opinion on the color for the bags and lanyards.”

Giving the students the opportunity to choose what they are interested in and the design for the products helps know that people will definitely have interest in buying them. It is also causing some high expectations for the sale. The fact that lanyards and drawstring bags are used almost every day by a lot of students is also causing the expectations for the sale to increase.

Taylor Willrich, freshman member of Cats cabinet, believes the sale will succeed. “I think the sale will be successful because students seem to use lanyards and drawstring bags a lot so they would be interested in these items,” she said.

Junior coordinator Jenna Betley has a lot of hope for the club’s sale. She said, “I think hopefully selling the items will have a positive impact on the club and people will want to show school spirit and like the product so they will buy them and help us get money.”

If the sale is successful, Cats Cabinet will plan on doing another one again in the future. They are hoping to sell a lot of drawstring bags and lanyards in order to get money to do more decorating and provide the students things they want that will be useful to them.