WQ: Dedication acts as driving force

Marissa+Pusateri+and+Carissa+Newsome+work+diligently+in+their+Math+class+so+they+can+absorb+the+information.+

Zoe Montez

Marissa Pusateri and Carissa Newsome work diligently in their Math class so they can absorb the information.

Alan Yarovitsky, Staff Writer

When it comes to Mayfield High School students, there are several words that can describe them, and one of those words is dedicated.

The word dedicated can be used for a variety of activities that Mayfield students do. This includes the fact that they like going to school, working hard and completing school work and tests, and during sporting events.

Mayfield students always work hard to reach their goals, no matter how hard. Peter Waring, a senior who believes in this idea said, “The reason why dedicated explains Mayfield students well is because a fair amount are always willing to work and do what it takes…”

Moreover, the students at Mayfield are always on a mission, and are trying to accomplish it. Matthew Schmidt, a senior, believes that wildcats will get their mission done no matter what.

Schmidt said dedicated describes wildcats , “ Because of the pure dedication you see out of everyone, students and teachers when you walk through the halls. You see someone who is on a mission and won’t let anything stop them from completing it.”

Furthermore, many Mayfield students are happy to attend school each and everyday. Trevor McGrath is a math teacher at Mayfield. He said, “ I think a lot of students live and breath Mayfield. Mayfield is their life.”

Sporting events are also where dedication can be seen at Mayfield. Liz Lentz, a librarian, said,” I see everyone attending sports events and totally involved. It seems like kids like to come to school here.”

Even though Wildcats are dedicated when it comes to sports, they do not take academics lightly either.

The students of Mayfield High School also take academics very seriously and study hard. Brandon Tsirlin, a senior, truly believes everyone takes their studies seriously. He said,” We are dedicated because many of us study for hours to get the grade we deserve in finals, tests, and classes.”

Corey Rice, a science teacher, believes that Mayfield students do not fail to accept challenges. Rice said, “I think a lot of students can really take a challenge and work on it until it is done.”

Senior Christopher Pawlusik summed up the idea of dedicated students the best. Pawlusik said, “You can see [the dedication] in their eyes.” A group of seniors also simultaneously said, “We bleed green and white, go cats.”