Parker Orthodontics continues to gain patients

Dr. Stephan Parker is organized and ready for any meetings with patients.

Photo by Offical Dr. Parker website

Kelvina Ng, Staff Writer

Parker Orthodontics of Mayfield Village continues to thrive by gaining new patients with the help of an additional orthodontist and current or former patients.

Dr. Stephan Parker has been performing quality orthodontic care for patients since 1988 and is aware that there is always competition in his field. To make himself better known, Dr. Parker has adapted his business to sustain through hardships. Recently, he has joined forces with Dr. Mindy Stream.

The addition of Stream has only helped Dr. Parker’s practice. “We can see more patients and take care of them,” Dr. Parker said.

English teacher Nicholas Somich is a former patient of Parker Orthodontics and thinks Dr. Parker teaming up with Stream shows how dedicated he is to keeping the business alive and well. “If he needs to merge with another practice in order to maintain a client base, he’s going to do that,” Somich said.

Allison Ng is also a former patient of Dr. Parker and believes that Dr. Stream’s connections help Parker Orthodontics. “Dr. Stream’s husband is a dentist so he is able to recommend people to Parker and Stream,” she said.

Dr. Parker believes another important factor of acquiring patients is from the help of dentists and other patients. “About half of them find out [about our practice] through dentists, and half of them find out through other patients,” he said.

With the help of references from dentists, Dr. Parker is able to use his skills to help patients correct their smile. “We get a lot of referrals from dentists. They trust what we do,” Dr. Parker said.

The recommendations from dentists help Parker Orthodontics receive about 300 patients a year.

Aside from this, other factors such as being involved in the area play a role. “We support certain functions to make ourselves known within the community,” he said.

Parker has sponsored local sporting teams, voice and theater groups, and speaks to elementary school students about the importance of hygiene. Additionally, he has been a Basic Aid training instructor for the past 17 years. He is also in his fifth year as a Mayfield Village City Councilman.

Dr. Parker thinks that striving for excellence is what draws patients to his orthodontic practice. “We try to provide excellent customer service and make their visits comfortable,” he said.

The whole staff plays a part in providing service that satisfies the needs of patients. “When we treat people well, they like that and word travels around,” Dr. Parker said

Dr. Parker’s friendly personality and honesty made patients feel comfortable and less anxious. Senior Sammi Minadeo is a former patient of Dr. Parker and believes that his concern for his patients is a very important factor. “He told you the process of everything you would be having done which made me feel better about having braces,” she said.

Somich believes Dr. Parker has done a terrific job of creating a good image for himself. “He has done a fantastic job to make himself a part of this city. He is a city councilman so he genuinely cares there is an aspect of service and giving back to people,” Somich said.