Seniors take trip to indoor waterpark

Splash+Lagoons+variety+of+activities+kept+the+seniors+busy+for+the+majority+of+the+day.+

Photo from Splash Lagoon's official website

Splash Lagoon’s variety of activities kept the seniors busy for the majority of the day.

Joe DeNardo, Chief Editor

Mayfield’s first senior class trip in several years went very well, as the students swapped schoolbooks for swimsuits at Splash Lagoon in Erie, Pennsylvania.

Over twenty seniors spent Valentine’s Day soaking up all the attractions that the indoor water park had to offer.

“The wave pool was pretty intense,” head council vice-president Drew Evans said. “For a while everybody was just switching between that and the hot tub.”

Splash Lagoon’s waterslides were also occupied by many a Mayfield senior.

“I think I liked the speed body slide the best,” senior Ben Gugick said. “You just fly down and before you know it you’re at the bottom just trying to gather yourself!”

“My favorite was the tube slide that spun you around in the bowl,” senior class secretary Katie Magiyari said. “I was looking forward to riding that one all day so once I got the chance, of course I was screaming!”

Lunch and ice cream was included with every senior’s ticket, which the hungry Wildcats used to refuel after a morning of tiring activities.

“As soon as I saw they had deep fried candy and Oreos I had to try it,” Krissy Blanchard said. “I even got a second order they were so tasty.”

After a few more hours of Splash Lagoon activities—including Laser Tag and the Tree Top obstacle course—the students went down the road to Quaker Steak and Lube for a quick bite before heading back home to Mayfield.

“Everything really was great,” Gugick said. “I’m glad I went because it was cool for me to spend some time with people I don’t get to see outside school usually and I was a fan of all the slides.”

“Yeah it was a really fun time,” Evans said. “I enjoyed everything about it—but mainly because I got to spend it with some of my best friends.”

After spending nearly nine hours at Splash Lagoon, the group had dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube.  They arrived back to MHS after 10:00pm and were grateful to have Monday off for Presidents’ Day and Tuesday off because of the unexpected Snow Day.