MHS students enjoy spring break many different ways

Alan Yarovitsky, Staff Writer

When it comes to students at Mayfield High School, they all like to enjoy their spring break in a variety of ways.

There’s no doubt that everyone loves taking a break from school. Among all days off throughout the school year, spring break seems to be one of the top, partly because of the changing climate and the fact that the school year is already in the fourth quarter.

However, everyone spends their break differently. Many students will relax and not even think about school. Others will be just as busy during their break as they are during school, whether it is working, doing school work, or visiting colleges.

Senior Vineet Reddy is one of the people who will still be busy, even during his break. Reddy said, “I am going to work and volunteer”

Ryan Batig and John Mulvihill, a junior and senior respectively, are also in the group of the ones who will be busy, as they will be doing anything from school work to taking college visits.

On the other hand, students like senior Marshall Krajcirik plan to relax. Krajcirik said, “I will play video games…and spend a lot of time with my older brother, who is at college, because he has spring break [during] the same time.”

Another big part of spring break is going on vacation. Many students at Mayfield High School will be going on a trip sometime during the break.

Senior Mia Zimmer said, “I am going to North Carolina” and Junior Ryan Schroeck said he is going on a trip to Florida, and plans to get a tan while he is there. Senior Chris Pawlusik, summed up by saying he will be “relaxing with [his] shades on.

For some, spring break is a mix of both working hard and relaxing. This is the case for Kevin Woodie, a junior at Mayfield High School. He said, “I am going to play some baseball [but also] I will be eating a lot of food, sleeping, and playing a lot of clash royale.”

Overall, what students do during spring break is a good mix of continuing to work hard, but also enjoying themselves. Mike Milyo, a junior, supported this and said, “I will be sleeping in, probably running, and [going to] some college visits, [but also] enjoying no homework, hopefully.”