“Joseph” rocks Mayfield’s auditorium

The+cast%2C+crew%2C+band%2C+and+childrens+chorus+of+Mayfields+production+of+Joseph+pose+for+one+final+picture.+

Photo by Vanessa Braun

The cast, crew, band, and children’s chorus of Mayfield’s production of “Joseph” pose for one final picture.

Joe DeNardo, Chief Editor

The weekend of April 8th-10th treated members of the Mayfield community with a stellar production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat put on by Mayfield’s own student actors.

Receiving rave reviews for its marvelous talent, spectacular sets and lighting, and performances full of charming flash, Joseph received a standing ovation following it’s final Sunday performance.

“There aren’t words to describe how proud I am of these seniors in their final performance,” director Larry Braun said. “This family has come so far over these past four years and it hurts to see a group with this much talent and charisma leave.

“Their amazing performances though are what they’ll be remembered for,” Braun added. “These guys came out every show and just gave maximum effort so once again I’m so very proud.”

The cast members, crew, and band received even more praise from the spectators who loved every minute of the show.

Senior Tim Carlile saw two performances, on opening night Friday and Sunday’s final curtain.

“I really thought everyone did a wonderful job,” Carlile said. “It was one of the best shows I’ve ever gotten the opportunity to see, and it was even better the second time!”

After four unforgettable performances, the 2016 run of Joseph has cemented itself in the long running tradition of incredible Mayfield productions and will be forever remembered in the hearts of those that participated and witnessed this spectacle.