NHS members look forward to ceremony

Official NHS website

The NHS induction ceremony will occur on Friday morning, Dec. 2 in the auditorium.

Kelvina Ng, Staff Writer

On Dec. 2, juniors and seniors will be inducted into the National Honor Society. The ceremony is an exciting event for both inductees and current members.

The National Honor Society is a prestigious honor that students can receive in high school. It recognizes the qualities of scholarship, leadership, service, and character in students.

The club is greatly respected because of the honorable qualities that it shows in students. Senior Sabrina Ho is the historian of NHS and explains the importance of it. “The NHS chapter helps improve aspects such as leadership and service, which makes us better applicants for colleges or future endeavors,” she said.

For many, the ceremony will be a new concept. Junior Alexa Passafiume is an inductee and believes that the ceremony will be exciting. “We’ve never really had the chance to be a part of this type of event but it’ll be cool to experience it and be acknowledged for our accomplishments,” she said.

It is an honor to be a part of the chapter and the selective process proved that. Senior Paige Muttilo is proud that she was able to make it into the club. “I’m happy that I made it into a club that’s not all about academics, but also other things like being involved and giving back to the community,” she said.

Muttilo is also ecstatic to walk across the stage to make her family proud. “I’ve never been a part of anything like this and I know my parents will be proud to see me up on stage. Seeing them happy makes me know that all the work to reach this goal was worth it,” she said.

Junior Chloey DiBartolo is also happy to see that her hard work paid off. “I’ve always tried to do my best both inside and outside of school, so being a part of a program that acknowledges and praises you for just that is such a great accomplishment for me,” she said.

The current members are also excited to see the new group of inductees on Friday morning. Ho and the other officers are thrilled to see who the new members will be. “These are the students who carry on the honor of NHS, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they will contribute for the coming year,” she said.

As historian, Ho is in charge of taking pictures of the current members and the new inductees. “It’ll be fun to see all the members together in a picture because we all will be able to share the memory of this ceremony together,” she said.

The ceremony will start at around 7:35am and end about an hour later. Friends and family of inductees and current members are welcome to attend.