The Paw Print

Young singer strives towards the future

Back to Article
Back to Article

Young singer strives towards the future

Maddie Foresta sings at one of her many gigs to get her voice and name out to the public. Foresta said, “I would love to use the gigs I have booked to help my music producing thrive.”

Cynthia Foresta

Cynthia Foresta

Cynthia Foresta

Emily Steffey, Staff

Junior Maddie Foresta is known for singing in show choir but choir is just another way she has been pushing into the music industry for the future.

Foresta said, “I’ve loved singing for as long as I remember.”

Her passion for the activity has provided her with plenty of opportunities outside of school with the help of her vocal coach.

Foresta said, “I keep putting myself out there and competing in different competitions. I also have a vocal coach to help get gigs and widen my song selection.”

Brian Fancher, the band and choir teacher at MHS, has assisted Foresta in the music industry.

Fancher first noticed Foresta at a middle school Vocal Dimensions show and knew she was special.

Fancher said, “She had a solo and you know the voice that she has is totally unexpected when you first look at her. You don’t expect someone of her frame and stature to have that kind of powerhouse voice.”

Fancher encouraged Foresta to get herself out in the business because he believes improving her presence is a huge aspect.

Fancher said, “From my understanding, particularly these days a lot of it is not just having the talent but also having the ingenuity and being able to publicize yourself. Also she needs to take every avenue available to put yourself out there.”

Foresta has already taken action with pushing herself out to the public by trying out for American Idol twice. Foresta said, “American Idol made me feel like I was beginning the journey to my dreams.”

Senior Jenna Hays is a friend and show choir member alongside Foresta.

Hays said, “I think Maddie should continue to grow her confidence and understand that she has a voice and its powerful. She should keep going with her dream no matter what. If she knows that she will succeed, then she will.”

Fancher has recognized everything Foresta needs to improve and thinks her confidence on getting up there in the business is unstoppable.

Foresta said, “I plan on writing and producing my own music for as long as I possibly can. I will do whatever it takes.”

Fancher and Hays also have no doubt Foresta won’t prosper in the music industry.

Fancher said, “She certainly has the strong vocal talent. If that’s something she wants to pursue then she needs to go for it. I think anybody that has a passion you really should chase that dream.”

Hays said about Foresta, “She’s passionate, driven and excited about music. Lots of people aren’t willing to put in the time and dedication it would take to make it in the music industry but Maddie is. She has perseverance and she won’t stop.”

Foresta is striving to get her name out to the public as much as possible.

Foresta said, “My dedication for music has gotten me through the darkest times and one day it will put me in the spotlight.”

Emily Steffey, Staff Writer

Emily Steffey is a staff member of The Paw Print.

Steffey is a junior involved in Girls Varsity Swimming. She enjoys being with her teammates and going...