School announces curbside pick-up of locker materials

The+curbside+pick-up+map+has+been+designed+by+assistant+principal+Jane+Perry.++She+said%2C+The+Curbside+Pick-Up%2FDrop-Off+days+will+allow+students+to+return+school-issued+textbooks%2C+equipment%2C+and+instruments.++It+will+also+provide+an+opportunity+to+pick-up+medications+kept+in+the+school+clinic%2C+art+work%2C+and+the+contents+of+the+student%E2%80%99s+assigned++locker.+

Mayfield High School administration

The curbside pick-up map has been designed by assistant principal Jane Perry. She said, “The Curbside Pick-Up/Drop-Off days will allow students to return school-issued textbooks, equipment, and instruments. It will also provide an opportunity to pick-up medications kept in the school clinic, art work, and the contents of the student’s assigned locker. “

Kevin Bluffestone, Staff Writer

On April 29, Principal Jeff Legan announced that the school will be hosting a curbside pick-up for students’ locker materials.

The pick-up will be from 9:00AM-4:00PM and will be grouped by last names. Legan said, “Last names beginning with A through D, they will come in at 9:00-10:00AM; E through I, 10:00-11:00AM; J through M is 11:00AM-12:00PM; M through Q is 1:00-2:00PM; R through U is 2:00-3:00PM; and V through Z is 3:00-4:00PM.”

Seniors will pick-up their items on May 15, juniors on May 26, sophomores on May 27, and freshmen on May 28. The make-up date is on May 29.

Assistant principal Jane Perry said, “Students and parents will remain in their vehicles as they continue through the curbside pick-up line.”

When parents or students drive by, they need to communicate the name of the student. Legan said, “We’re going to ask that all the parents and students put on an 8″ by 11″ sheet of paper the child’s name, along with the locker number.”

Some parents have multiple students enrolled in the school. Legan said, “They could come on either of the days that they choose. Whether they have a senior or a freshman, they could come on the senior day and collect everything.”

The custodians, secretaries, and paraprofessionals will be going through student lockers and placing the items into bags, which will be safely transferred into each car in the curbside pick-up line. Because the school secretaries collected every student’s locker combination, no students will need to come into the high school to open their lockers.

Medication that has been left in the nurse’s office can also be picked up on the same day. Legan said, “The nurse will be contacting all the parents, and they will be coordinating times as well to pick that up.”

Items that need to be retrieved from athletic lockers are going to be communicated through the PE instructors as to how they will be picked up. Likewise, Excel TECC staff will be contacting students regarding Excel TECC lockers.

For students who have materials like art supplies or course textbooks, those items will need to be dropped-off as part of the curbside procedure.

Some concerns have come up about the system. Sophomore Allie Collette said, “I’m most worried because I don’t remember my locker number. I also worry that I’m not going to get everything back that I might have at the school.”

Locker numbers can be found in Infinite Campus. When logged into Infinite Campus, students can go to the “More” category, then scroll down to where it says “Lockers” to find the student’s locker number.

The curbside pick-up will serve as a final task to end the school year, and with no new assignments being given after May 15, the year will be ending earlier than expected. Sophomore Victor Popoviciu said, “Considering the circumstances, it’s pretty smooth and I like that it ends early in a way. I just feel bad for all the seniors who didn’t have a [normal] graduation.”

There will be a map sent out to help guide traffic. For more information, please visit Mr. Legan’s Twitter @WildcatMHS.