Cat’s Cabinet unites girls of all grades

The ladies of Cats Cabinet listen intently to Mrs. Czikray at a meeting as she talks about upcoming events and informs them of the sale.

Advanced Digital Media Productions Class of Mayfield

Kelvina Ng, Staff Writer

Recently, the Cats Cabinet officers decided to split the girls in the club into five groups, each led by an officer.

The groups are led by President Madison Lewis, Vice President Emma Powers, Secretary Maureen Baldzicki, Treasurer Jenna Betley, and Spirit Coordinator Macie Snider. Each group consists of a mix of freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior girls.

Senior Jenna Betley explains why the officers decided to split up the club this year. “We can now communicate better with the members. It’s much easier for each girl to reach out to us with any concerns,” she said.

Junior Mia Caine is in her third year as a member of the club and believes that splitting up into groups is beneficial. “It allows underclassmen to make a closer connection with the upperclassmen officers,” she said.

The officers are able to interact with the girls they are assigned to, which makes them feel more comfortable. “It makes it easier for me to ask questions and talk to them than in previous years,” Caine said.

Junior Shannon Biega agrees and thinks that this helps everyone in the club become closer. “Girls of all different ages who have different interests are able to talk to each other at the meetings and become friends,” she said.

Betley also thinks that it is a good way for people to meet each other. “It makes the club seem smaller and makes it easier to talk to different people,” she said.

For the past two years, the club has focused on making signs for the lockers of athletes. With the vast majority of athletes in the school, the process takes time and dedication.

However, the work this year has gotten done quicker and more efficiently than ever before. “We are more organized and everyone is clear on what has to be done,” Caine said.

Biega thinks that it is because of the separate groups. “Rather than having one massive group do all the work, we split into groups that each have a specific job,” she said.

She describes in further detail about the locker decorations process. “One group glued on the picture, one put the pawprint stickers on, one put the glitter on the senior signs, and another hung up the signs on the lockers,” Biega said.

This new way of running the club has received lots of positive feedback. “I feel like we are more united as a club and closer to each other since we talk to people that we wouldn’t usually talk to,” Caine said.

With the formation of groups, Cat’s Cabinet can now tackle any project that comes their way in the future.