Cat’s Coffee Bar opens doors to students

Cats Coffee Bar opens doors to students

Kelvina Ng, Staff Writer

Due to popular demand, Mayfield’s very own coffee bar finally opened to students. The coffee bar has been a hit in its first few weeks of opening. Students have loved it and think it is a great investment.

The coffee bar was something many students have wanted for a long time. Junior Chloey DiBartolo is a huge fan of the drinks they sell. “It was really good and tastes like something you could get from Dunkin Donuts,” she said.

Students were impressed by the delicious choices of drinks. Junior Sara Peters was one of them. “I was honestly surprised and didn’t think it would be as good as it is,” she said.

Senior Paige Muttilo believes it is a great addition to the high school. “We have so many selections of food and now we can choose from a variety of drinks, too,” she said. In her last year of high school, she is definitely going to be taking advantage of the easily accessed coffee.

She is not the only one purchasing the coffee on early mornings. “When I walked into one of my classes, I saw so many students with the cups on their desk,” Muttilo said.

The fact that the coffee bar is stationed right in the cafeteria is advantageous for students. It is easy for students to get coffee whenever they want to. “I have a first period study hall and the coffee bar is so close,” Peters said.

During morning all week, students are able to purchase the coffee to wake themselves up. “It’s perfect because I don’t have to go to Dunkin or Starbucks to get coffee before school,” Peters said.

Muttilo is thankful for the same reason. “It’s so much easier to walk to the cafeteria than it is to drive to Dunkin in the morning,” she said.

Since it is open from first through sixth period, it is open during all lunch periods. “I’m able to just go up there to get coffee to drink during lunch or get it before my next class,” DiBartolo said.

Many students are happy about the quick service, as well. Andrea Melaragno buys coffee during her lunch period and likes how fast her coffee is made. “I buy it towards the end of the period and I’ve never been late for my next class,” she said.

Cat’s Coffee Bar is just in its beginning stages. Within the next year, it could grow and have a greater selection of drinks. “That would be something I’d want to see before I graduate,” DiBartolo said.